of UvA-NEMO Smile Database
- 400 subjects (185 female, 215 male)
- 1240 videos of spontaneous/posed smiles (597 spontaneous and 643 posed)
- Age variation from 8 to 76 years
- RGB videos recorded with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels at a rate of 50 frames per second
- Controlled illumination
- Color chart on the background for further illumination and color normalization
- For posed (deliberate) smiles, each subject was asked to pose a smile as realistically as possible.
- Short, funny video segments were used to elicit spontaneous smiles.
- Approximately five minutes of recordings were made per subject, and genuine smiles were segmented.
- For each subject, a balanced number of spontaneous and posed
smiles were selected and annotated by seeking consensus of two
- Each segment starts and ends with neutral or